Following four months of closure, Eilean Donan Castle will re-open her doors to visitors on Wednesday the 5th of August. During that closure period we have been busy implementing a wide range of new precautionary Covid-19 systems, procedures and protocols in line with Government advice, and specifically designed to protect the welfare of our visitors, our staff and our local community alike.
Our entire operation has been rigorously assessed to carefully identify and detail the Health & Safety risks of all potential touch points throughout the entire business. In the interests of complete transparency, these Risk Assessments are available for public scrutiny by anyone wishing to see them. To do so, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to supply them.
Please note that as a result of these measures, we will be operating on significantly reduced capacity (30% of normal levels) for the foreseeable future, and we would ask potential visitors for patience and co-operation when on site as we all adjust to the new “normal.”
The following video outlines some of the precautionary steps we have taken.
Whilst the video above broadly outlines many of our new protocols, these are some of the key aspects of our new systems.
- The wearing of face masks or coverings is mandatory for all persons (be they staff, visitor or tradesman) wishing to enter any of our buildings. This includes the castle, visitor centre and toilets.
- All persons wishing to enter our buildings will be temperature checked. Anyone exhibiting temperatures above 37.5°C will not be granted entry.
- Please utilise the many hand sanitizers provided throughout the site.
- In order to safely manage and control the flow of visitors, Admission tickets to the castle can only be purchased in advance via our new online ticketing system which offers timed slots from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- Only credit/debit card payments (ideally contactless) will be accepted for any transactions at our Gift Shop and Heilan Scran Takeaway. We are not currently accepting cash payments.
- Our staff will process all till transactions from behind perspex screens.
- Whilst on site, please ensure you maintain social distancing of 2m at all times, and follow the clearly marked one-way systems where directed.
- We will be operating a manned queuing system for our toilets which will be managed on a one in, one out basis.
- We have created enhanced cleaning regimes around all areas of the site, including disinfecting ULV fogging machines for use in the toilet areas, holiday cottage and Eilean Donan Apartments.
We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.