Our Saltire flags that are flown on the Eilean Donan flag pole are available for sale.
Join a notable community of proud owners of Scotland’s national flag which has once graced the turrets of one of the most iconic castles in the world. If you too would like to own an Eilean Donan Scottish Saltire or are looking for a unique present for someone with a strong Scottish connection then fill in the form below:
Each flag will fly at the castle for one week, and be changed every Tuesday at 11.00am to allow viewing on our webcam for anyone who’s interested.
(NB. Please note that from 2014 onwards, due to the high demand for flags we now fly two per week, changing on a Tuesday and a Friday.)
* The only exception to this will be an additional flag flown on the 30th of November; St Andrew’s Day. *
Each flag is a high-quality, hand-sewn, two and a half yard flag measuring 2.29 x 1.14 metres.
* Each flag will be delivered in a specially designed Eilean Donan Castle presentation box, along with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity, signed by David Win the Castle Keeper, along with the dates the flag was flown on.
* Each flag will cost £85.00, excluding Postage & Packaging.
* Postage & Packaging costs are as follows. UK-£5.00, Europe-£12.00, Rest of the World-£16.00.
* The ordering system will allow you to reserve specific weeks which may be significant to you personally. Details on this will follow with the ordering instructions tomorrow.
* Due to the first come first served principle and the fact that we will only be selling one flag at a time, we will only be processing one payment per week for each flag. You will be contacted by either David Win or his Assistant Manager Andrew regarding your advance payment. This payment will be processed by either telephone or fax, and will require either Debit or Credit card. Unfortunately our Paypal facility will not be able to be used for flag purchases.
* All advance orders will be stored on an electronic diary, and if the week you have requested is not available you will be informed as quickly as humanly possible. It may be possible in the fullness of time to make this diary available online to you all but we haven’t quite sorted that element yet.
* If you are not concerned about choosing a specific week for your flag to be flown at the castle please type “FIRST FREE WEEK” in your message. If you have a special date that holds personal significance to you, please highlight that date. (We will endeavour wherever possible to try and meet all dates requested, but please note that in the case of duplicated requests, we can only manage this situation on a first come first served basis.)
* Please include both your full Postal address, and an e-mail address in your message.
* On receipt of your request, we will send you a message back confirming that the dates we have allocated to you are available, along with details on how to contact us with your payment details. If you have asked for a specific date which isn’t available, we will offer an alternative.
* Please note that we will require payment before we can confirm your order, which can be made by either Debit or Credit Card.
* At the end of the allocated week, your flag will then be mailed out.